There’s a wealth of gated communities in Charlotte, NC and the surrounding suburbs. However, while living in one is considered by many as ideal, you alone can determine if it’s the right choice for you.
To help you in making the decision, here are the common features of a gated community and the pros and cons of each one.
- Tight security
Gated communities often come with 24-hour security, employing measures like guarded gates and CCTV cameras. Non-residents are screened thoroughly at the gate before they can enter.
- Peace of mind –You can sleep better at night and have the confidence to leave your home for a long period knowing that the chance of crime in your neighborhood is You’ll also worry less about your kids going around the neighborhood on their own.
- Privacy – There are fewer curious onlookers who want to see how the “rich and famous” live. You will also be spared from dealing with solicitors and
- Long lines at the gate – Your guests may have to go through the inconvenience of queuing at the gate for security This could also be a concern if you hire contractors to work in your home.
Many gated communities are located away from main thoroughfares or busy downtown areas.
- Tranquility and privacy – You enjoy a get-away-from-it-all vibe and a peaceful sanctuary from the bustle of everyday life
- Great views – Gated communities are often built in areas that offer great views and access to natural preserves or parks. Some surround a picturesque golf course, or are developed close to a lake or other bodies of
- Inaccessibility – The somewhat isolated location can make public transportation Most gated community residents rely on private vehicles to get around.
- Separated from the rest of the city – Gated communities have their own sub-cultures and tend to isolate residents from the rest of the city. Those who want to truly be a part of the bigger community’s culture and lifestyle might be better off living in city
Upscale gated communities feature topnotch amenities, such as swimming pools, clubhouses, fitness centers, and more. A homeowners’ association looks after the upkeep of the neighborhood, including services like garbage collection and maintenance of the common areas. Many gated communities also come with extra services like central heating systems, water treatment, and more.
- Worry-free and enjoyable lifestyle – You only need to look after the maintenance of your own property, and get to enjoy the neighborhood’s amenities any time you want
- Preserved home values – As HOAs regulate the architectural styles in their neighborhood, the prices of properties are often comparable to each other. This helps in preserving home values. The prestige that typically comes with gated communities also serves to enhance property
- HOA fees – Residents typically have to pay monthly HOA fees to cover the cost of the neighborhood’s upkeep. Depending on the community, these fees can be quite
- More restrictions – You have to abide by the HOA’s CCR (Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions), which can restrict many activities, including renovating and redesigning your home, owning a pet, landscaping, and
If you think living in a gated community is right for you, get in touch with the
real estate experts at Peters & Associates. They can help you find the right home in gated communities in Waxhaw, NC, or in other towns and cities in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Call 1.704.264.4572 or send an email to NPeters@yourleaderinluxury.com.